Wednesday 25 June 2014

Student Finance IS SO CONFUSING.

Student Finance is the pain in the backside of every student's experience at university. It's what you dread most. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has decided not to go to university on the simple basis that filling out the Student Finance application for loans is too confusing! So, as you can imagine, trying to apply for Student Finance WITH a baby, just makes it a whole lot harder! Wouldn't it be easier to apply before you had the baby?

I was going to write some advice for other student parents about Student Finance. However, putting pen to paper (fingers to laptop doesn't sound as good...), I have to admit, I don't know a thing. Well I do, but not enough to properly inform you. So I promise you, by September, I shall have that informative blog post.

In the meantime, what I can do, is rant about how mind-boggling-brain-draining-clench-fisting-ly confusing applying for Student Finance is. I honestly could not have done this without the help of Student Support at my university. If any of you know me personally then you'll know, I don't have a clue about these finances. Believe me, I'm trying. 

At this very moment I am trying to reapply for my student loan. (I swear my sister just needs to sign a letter and then it's done?) This involves going through loads of questions about your financial situation. I've completed it and apparently I don't get to apply for childcare grant - I'm not sure why, or what I've click wrong, as I know I am entitled to it. Thank God for Student Support (who, yes, work throughout the summer holidays). Fingers crossed I get my loans and my grants. I also have to send off my child benefit application which I only just sent off to them a few months ago to apply for last terms!

If I ever get the time I shall campaign for a simpler process to applying to loans. I must admit, in their new website, Student Finance is a bit simpler. But there is vast improvements to be made.

Have you had troubles with Student Finance? It doesn't have to be child related! Leave your experience below in the comment. 

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment